World Wide Web Links of Interest
David Lance Goines Clients and Publishers Graphic Artists Music Resources Graphic Arts Institutions Web sites showing DLG Posters Graphic Arts Publications World Wide Web Resources
An interactive version of the several constructions of the capital Roman
Humberto Bortolossi and the math departament of the Fluminense Federal University, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. have a non-profit educational project that aims to create interactive versions of the several constructions of the capital Roman proposed by several scholars including David Lance Goines in his book "A Constructed Roman Alphabet"
- Patricia Curtan
- "Patricia Curtan is an artist and designer living in Berkeley, California. She works in the medium of linoleum block printing, making images primarily of plants, particularly edible plants."
Graphic Arts Institutions
- Achenbach Foundation for the Graphic Arts The Palace of the Legion of Honor, Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, California
- "The Achenbach Foundation for Graphic Arts (AFGA) is the most comprehensive collection of works of art on paper in the western United States."
- The Bancroft Library, University of California, Berkeley.
- Cooper-Hewitt Museum
- "One hundred years ago in 1897, Sarah and Eleanor Hewitt established the first design museum in the United States as part of The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art, the free school founded by their grandfather, Peter Cooper. That museum became Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum in 1967 when the collections were transferred to the Smithsonian Institution..."
- Open College of Art and Design Graphic Design Courses.
- Hiroshima Museum of Modern Art, Hiroshima, Japan
- " The Hiroshima Museum of Modern Art was opened in May 1989... located in a park on the slopes of Hijiyama overlooking Hiroshima, surrounded by abundant green in famous spot for viewing cherry tree blossoms,... the first public museum of modern Art in Japan."
- Library of Congress, Washington, DC
- "The Library of Congress occupies a unique place in American civilization. Established as a legislative library in 1800, it grew into a national institution in the nineteenth century. Since World War II, it has become an international resource of unparalleled dimensions."
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
- One of the current exhibits, "... an exhibition devoted to the extraordinary art collection formed by Dr. Paul-Ferdinand Gachet (1828-1909), the physician who cared for Vincent van Gogh in the months prior to his suicide in 1890, and who was immortalized in several renowned portraits by the artist."
- Musée de la Publicité, Palais du Louvre, Paris
- "The Musée de la Publicité (Museum of Advertising) came into being at the instigation of Geneviève Gaëtan Picon in February 1978. It was then situated at 18 rue de Paradis in the 10th arrondissement of Paris"
- Museum of Modern Art, New York
- "With more than 2,700 pages of content, The Museum of Modern Art's award-winning Web site connects a growing number of people from around the world to the rich variety of works of art...available at the Museum,..."
- National Museum of American Art, Smithsonian Institute, Washington DC.
- "The Smithsonian American Art Museum (SAAM) is America's first federal art collection, dedicated to the enjoyment and understanding of American art. The museum celebrates the extraordinary creativity of our country's artists, whose works are windows on the American experience"
- Oakland Museum, Oakland, California
- "The Oakland Museum of California provides unique collections, exhibitions and educational opportunities designed to generate a broader and deeper understanding of and interest in California's environment, history, art and people."
- Pacific Film Archive
- "The Pacific Film Archive (PFA) is an internationally recognized center for the exhibition and study of cinema."
- Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- "The Philadelphia Museum of Art...seeks to preserve, enhance, interpret, and extend the reach of its great collections in particular, and the visual arts in general... as a source of delight, illumination, and lifelong learning."
- Rochester Institute of Technology, Welber B. Cary, Jr., Graphic Arts Collection, New York
- "The CARY COLLECTION is one of the country's premier libraries on the history and practice of printing.The original collection of 2,300 volumes was assembled by the New York City businessman Melbert B. Cary, Jr. during the 1920s and 1930s."
- Society of Illustrators Museum of American Illustration
- "On February 1, 1901, a group of nine artists and one advising businessman founded the Society with this credo: 'The object of the Society shall be to promote generally the art of illustration and to hold exhibitions from time to time'."
- U.C. Art Museum: UAM/PFA Posters Exhibition at The University
- David Lance Goines Posters available as screensavers
- University of California Art Museum, Berkeley, California
- "Berkeley Art Museum/PFA has chosen to concentrate it's education technology projects toward the Internet for several reasons, such as breadth of access and the ability to use standards which enable the maximum ability to share information, rather than local, proprietary formats."
Graphic Arts Publications
- Communication Arts
- "Communication Arts is an extensive online resource for graphic designers, art directors, photographers, illustrators and multimedia designers that will enhance their careers and help to foster community to visual communicators around the world."
- Graphis Magazine
- "GRAPHIS, the international journal of visual communication, was first published by Graphis Press in Zurich, Switzerland in 1944 and has upheld its reputation as the premier magazine covering design and graphic communication worldwide."
- How Magazine
- "HOW Magazine is the business and creative resource for graphic designers. For more than 10 years, we've inspired designers - and helped make their businesses more profitable. When you read HOW, you're plugged into the latest business, technological and creative information that impacts you as a design professional."
David Lance Goines Clients and Publishers
- The Chez Panisse Home Page
- "For over twenty-five years, Chez Panisse has been helping redefine the American diet by exemplifying a menu cooked according to a simple principle: ´fresh, local, seasonal´. "
- Singing Loom
- Nestled in the beautiful Illinois Valley of Southwestern Oregon is the Singing Loom Studio, workshop of artist, Libby Goines. It is here that she creates her weavings, practices her butterflymusic, and networks in her community
- Lincoln Goines
- Electric Bassist, Acoustic Bassist, Composer and Author A native of Oakland, California, Lincoln has lived in New York City since 1977
World Wide Web Links Where David Lance Goines Posters Can Be Seen
- Berkeley Horticultural Nursery
- "Over the past decade, we have commissioned local graphic artist David Lance Goines, to render posters for Berkeley Horticultural Nursery. The line that distinguishes art from advertisement can be unclear.."
- Baywalk Elegance - Bacchus Coins designed by David Lance Goines
- "His work has focused on graphic art as opposed to fine art. He is a graphic designer, writer and printer, and his clients include fine restaurants and wineries. The artist's job is to get your attention and keep it long enough for the message to get across." -Baywalk
World Wide Web Resources
- Berkeley Historical Society
- " Welcome to the web page for the Berkeley Historical Society. We are a non-profit group serving as a primary resource for the collection and preservation of local history"
- FSM-A the Free Speech Movement Archives Home Page
- Founded and organized by veteran members of the FSM, this site contains probably the most extensive historical coverage of the one of the vital events of the sixties.
- Umberto Passini Online
- Vintage & Contemporary Film Poster Art
- Rene Wanner's Poster Page
- "All about posters"
- Windcast Webworks, Saklan Web Design and Production
- The design and production team within Windcast Webworks endeavors to provide sufficient technology for todays World Wide Web users, just enough code and copy to produce what is needed for the resources available.
|Posters |||Books |||Writings |||Links |||Exchange |||Bio|
Copyright © 1999- 2016 by
David Lance Goines St. Hieronymus Press. All
|PLEASE SEND e-mail to: